A solitary retreat in the peaceful Norfolk countryside
perfect for couples
Our cosy shepherd’s hut is simple on the outside and luxurious on the inside. Surrounded by fields and woodland, and just a five-minute walk away from Dilham Hall Retreats’ private and secluded stretch of the North Walsham & Dilham Canal, this is a wonderful location for those who love to be outdoors.
The shepherd’s hut includes:
- King-size bed (which folds down) with all bedding and towels supplied
- Integrated table and seating
- Loveseat sofa
- Well-equipped kitchen with kettle, fridge, toaster, microwave, 2-ring hob, pans, cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery, and glasses. Washing up liquid is also provided.
- Tea, coffee, UHT milk, salt, pepper and sugar is provided.
- Shower room and toilet with hand soap and toilet paper
- TV with Free-Sat
- Wood-fired hot tub (one bag of logs is provided, extra bags can be purchased for £5 each on site) There are no chemicals and water changes daily
- Fire pit with grill (one bag of logs included, extra bags are £5 each, fire starters and matches also included)
This part of Norfolk, in the northern-most region of the Broads National Park, is a haven for wildlife, including some of the UK’s rarest plants and animals.
Walk or cycle along the endless ribbons of footpath that wind their way through villages, woodland, and meadows … explore the waterways by canoe or paddleboard (which you can hire from us) … or simply sit quietly and watch the birds. At the end of each day, you’ll come back to the luxury of this comfortable shepherd’s hut in the quiet Norfolk countryside. To hire a canoe call 07768838957 or contact us through our Facebook page Dilham Hall Canoe Hire.
Minimum booking: three nights (during off-peak season, two nights).
Sorry – no dogs allowed.
In the event of a booking being affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, guests may transfer their booking to alternative dates.